WHAT IS INO?
1. To improve motivation of the students towards gaining deeper knowledge of nanotechnology and acquiring skills for its innovative applications to challenging scientific and / or industrial problems.
2. To improve participant’s basic knowledge and skills in innovation and commercialization processes.
3. To reinforce the spirit of team work among the participants.
4. To favorably affect nanoscience and nanotechnology education in participating countries.
5. To create an International network of the contestants and participant economies.
6. To raise national awareness about the nanoscience and nanotechnology in the member economies.
7. To broaden cross cultural and international networking experience among students.
8. To create a self – sustainable system of methodological material generation and new educational approaches in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
9. To reveal and support the most active and talented young people in the area of nanoscience and nanotechnology over the world.
10. To perform an exchange of ideas and to promote careers of participants by building their skills and achievements in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
First INO time schedule
The primary stage of the first Nanotechnology Startup event ended its work with the introduction of seven top teams on July 22nd.
21 Apr 2017
After signing up the MOU for holding INO on 15 Feb 2017, the second meeting of INO steering committee was held by the presence of the representatives from Russia, Taiwan, and Iran in Tehran. At this two-day meeting on 19 and 20 Apr 2017, the main focus, key subjects of interest, time scheduling, MOU, and the way INO should be held were examined. In accordance with the pre-determined agreement, the main subject of the first INO will be the applications of nanotechnology in water and sanitation.
10 Apr 2017
For attention of all contestants and interested countries! The Preliminary Draft of INO Bylaw is officially available now.
19 Feb 2017
On the sideline of Asia Nano Forum (ANF) meeting, an International MoU was signed over the holding of first INO in Tokyo on 15 February 2017. Representatives from Iran, Russia, South Korea, and Taiwan attended in this meeting and declared their readiness to participate in the forthcoming competition. In accordance with this MoU, the first INO will be held on 10 April 2018 in Tehran.